Friday, July 17, 2009

Road Trip!!

Ryan's cousin, Jimmy, recently got married in Bakersfield, CA and Ryan and I were able to go. We headed out Thursday afternoon from Cavecreek and made it to Ryan's sister's house in Las Vegas around 8 or 9. His sister is so awesome and she was very hospitable. We had yummy steak for dinner that her husband, Joel, made and played with her cute, cute kids. Then the next day we decided to check out the strip before we made our way to CA. Here are a couple of pictures from that day...



That day we drove the rest of the way to Bakersfield. That night we had to go to a wine tasting party at Ryan's aunt and uncle' s house. I'm not a fan of wine, so I stuck to sampling all the cheeses. I had never been to one of those and it was lots of fun. Ryan's name was drawn from a raffle and he won some wine charms. Too bad neither of us drink wine. I told him he could be fancy and put it on the neck of his favorite beer. lol I thought it was funny... he didn't seem to think so. Anyway, the next day was the wedding day. The wedding was held at a really nice country club. It was such a gorgeous wedding... the bride walked out to Somewhere over the rainbow (Hawiann version) and her bridesmaids and groomsman walked out to Moonriver from Breakfast at Tiffany's. I fell in love! Probably because that is my favorite movie! It was such a pretty wedding and Ryan's family is super nice! I made some new friends and met all kinds of his family. It was an awesome trip! I heart road trips!










These were taken on the patio where the ceremony was held and inside at the reception.

These pictures are from the road trip back home. We only got slightly lost once and that is probably because I was the map girl. We were starving and were on a mission to find a Chipotle's. Well, Ryan was bound and determined to follow the map exactly and take some random road that led to the address of the Chipotles but I told him to take the road that leads to resturants, Kohls, Coffee shops, etc... basically a breeding ground for a Chipotle. But we took Ryan's road that led to nothing and so I talked him into going back the other way and lo and behold guess what we found?!... A Qdoba's. Which is basically a Chipotle. So I win! Nee ner nee ner : P



Deep down inside he loves me. I just know it. I think he was tired of my camera work. lol





* I believe this was the intersection that led back to the Chipotle breeding grounds. I was trying to get a picture of his frustrated face, but he kept smiling.. so I stuck my hand in his face to annoy him but he just kissed my hand instead. It was sweet... but I wanted the raw emotion from the little tiff we had! lol Ahh Well.

2 comments:

Joelle said...

Your hair is so cute Kash! I love it! I am so sick of my long hair and am getting ready to cut it all off soon...shorter than yours! I'm a little nervous...we will see! Looks like you had fun! Come visit Alpine again so we can make some more plays!

Jacob and Jessica said...

Kash, you guys are too cute together. Looks like you guys had tons of fun. :)